Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"It's nothing," returned Mrs Chick. "It's merely change of weather. We must expect change."

A little Charles Dickens to welcome the cold weather. Winter is here to stay, I'm afraid.

A few things:

1. I really like the last story on this episode of 'This American Life.' It's Anne Lamott reading her story, 'Knocking on Heaven's Door.' Let it buffer for a little while and then start listening at 38:55. It'll make you laugh and it's a really touching story. I had forgotten how much I like her until I heard this.

2. I just started "The Hour I First Believed" by Wally Lamb. It's his first book in 10 years and I've been looking forward to it for a while. And it's really good. Broken people living broken lives, which is classic Wally Lamb. Not feel good books, but you get sucked in quickly.

3. This is my new hat. Maria says I look like all the high schoolers in Vancouver...but I don't care. I bought it at this little boutique a few blocks from my apartment on Sunday afternoon (right after Kate and I had brunch at 'The Golden Nugget Pancake House', which is just as classy as it sounds). I like it. And it's really warm. And I just kind of want to be a hippie.
4. My hair is disgusting and needs to be cut and colored yesterday. Hence the hat. I'll call tomorrow and make an appointment for next week when I'm in GR for Thanksgiving. If you're going to be there, we should hang out. :)

5. I want a tattoo. I don't know what or where.

No comments: