Monday, September 8, 2008

'What we become depends on what we read after all of the professors have finished with us. The greatest university of all is a collection of books.' - Thomas Carlyle

My book list for the next little while:

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
The Post-Birthday World by Lionel Shriver
The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Díaz
No One Belongs Here More Than You. By Miranda July

East of Eden by John Steinbeck
The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs
Middlemarch by George Eliot (Eternally on my list. It will happen eventually.)

A mix of intense, with some brain candy in between...

And I'd love some suggestions on what to add. :)

1 comment:

Tee said...

Just read A Thousand Splended Suns by Khaled Hosseni over my break (Lord knows I don't have time for interesting reads during the semester). You probably read it already but if you haven't - you should:)

PS. I love your new blog...and I love you!